1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please suggest a program to unlock student computer

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by fifagenis, Sep 8, 2017.

1. fifagenis

fifagenis New commenter

One of my student adds a password on his computer and told me he is locked out because of forgetting the password. I am not tech savy. Please recommend a program to unlock the computer. It is a Dell PC with Windows 10.

2. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

3. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Good tech advice is always available on Edugeek

4. Tankser

Tankser New commenter

As far as I know, there are currently three ways to help reset forgotten windows password.

Way 1: Use a Windows password reset disk

When you create a user account on PC, Windows 10 allows you to create a password reset disk in order to help you reset password afterwards when you forgot Windows 10 password, then you can use this password reset disk to reset your locked PC.

way 2. try some free windows password reset disk like ntpassword, ophcrack ,tunesbro wingeeker and more..
    you need to prepare an USB or DVD and a working computer.

Way 3. Try an administrator account

Want to reset Windows 10 password without disk? If you are lucky enough to get someone who has an administrator account or a user account which has the administrator privilege on your PC, then you can try to use the password to sign in your PC for Windows 7 password reset.

Way 4: Re-installing Windows 10

No matter what famous brands of PC you are using, the last thing they tell you when you forgot Windows 10 login password is to reinstall Windows system to reset Windows 10 password free.

5. wanet

wanet Star commenter

6. theworm123

theworm123 Lead commenter

This seems really dodgy to me

Stiltskin likes this.
  7. Tankser

Tankser New commenter

If you're using the MS online account, then you can easily reset your password via mircrsoft site.

8. Raccerty

Raccerty New commenter

There are 2 way for you to reset Dell laptop password (Windows 10 login password )
    Way 1 : Using some free and safety tools to unlock login password for your locked laptop ,
    Such as Ophcrack , CMD, NT password reset tool. password reset disk ......
    Way 2 : Seach it on Google "How to reset Dell laptop login password or reset / unlock Widnows 10 password "

9. theworm123

Use your common sense and don't offer hacking advice eh?

10. Raccerty

Raccerty New commenter

Hacking advice ? ok , one of the effective ways to do this is to use a password reset disk ,you jsut need to boot the locked computer form it , and you can reset the login password ,if you didn't have password disk , maybe you can make one with USB /DVD/CD ,

11. theworm123

The OP wasn't genuinely interested in helping a student, read between the lines. They also haven't been back since 19th September.

12. gaskeasy

gaskeasy New commenter

Thanks for the way , i have done it .

13. catch222

catch222 New commenter

It only took 10 months to log in - pleased you have managed it @gaskeasy. Sounds like it was a big job!

border_walker likes this.
  14. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

I think the fact the OP is called fifagenus (sic) is a pretty good giveaway