1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

please stop moderating @peapicker!

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by dunnocks, Mar 16, 2019.

1. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

because we like talking to her, and its very difficult when her posts arrive so late, and she has been moderated for a very long time now.

2. A_Million_Posts

A_Million_Posts Star commenter

It does seem hypocritical to permanently moderate a poster while simultaneously pinning their advice on the top of Workplace Dilemmas.

"Listen to this poster's words of wisdom! No, no! Not those ones!"

Maybe that's the reason - now that Peapicker mainly just uses TES to chat about cake and gardening, rathe rather than providing an informed perspective and advice for free on WD, her posts hold less value for TES so they don't mind losing her contributions.

The T&C do state we all post at the pleasure of the TES Gerbils (Hamsters? Rodents of some kind, anyway) so I suppose we can only bend to their will.

3. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

4. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Two ex-colleagues of mine have in the past year or two signed up to TES, posted a fair but but never got beyond the moderation phase. Both gave up because it's impossible to take part in a discussion if your posts arrive only once the thread has moved on by several pages. One of them even contacted TES to ask why but was told in no uncertain terms that they don't discuss such things.

I understand the need to moderate new posters but TES needs to get a better balance.