1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please satisfy my curiousity

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Goldopals, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Where do your students eat lunch? At my school students (from R-12) eat lunch outside at tables, or sit on benches eating off their knees.
    How does your school operate a canteen program or school dinner program? My school opens the canteen twice a week to sell bread rolls and foccacias with various fillings, healthy sausage rolls and meat pies, pizzas and lasagna.
    I aplogise for the seemingly random question, but I was just eating Christmas lunch and reflecting on the previous year!

2. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

Some eat in the canteen which is open every day. It sells cooked meals, sandwiches, pasta pots, baked spuds etc. They are also open for breakfast and at morning break. Some bring in their own sandwiches and eat them in the canteen or outside - they aren't allowed to eat in classrooms. We used to allow the older pupils to go out for lunch and they used to go to Macdonald's or the chip shop but now they have to stay in school. I eat either in my classroom (oh blessed peace - until the door opens and the little dears come in mithering lol) or in the staffroom (NOISY!!)

Hope you enjoyed your Christmas lunch (or Christmas dinner as we call it in the north).

3. The company was great, but the food a bit crappy :D
    How big is your canteen? Ours is a small room where food is prepared and store and a server window which opens to the 'quad'

4. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

There are three canteen areas all quite large (sorry - hopeless at working out areas) so lots of pupils can sit and eat. My Christmas dinner was rubbish - we went out and the food was ok but the service!! We were there four hours! The children in our party were very good considering.