1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Please recommend a financial adviser to help with retirement planning

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by candobetter, Feb 8, 2017.

  1. candobetter

    candobetter New commenter

    • been on the TP website,
    • used the online TP modellers,
    • spoken to TP on the phone,
    • got an AVC forecast,
    • attended the LV= retirement seminar,
    • been on the pensions advisory service website,

    ...but now I want some more specific advice that is pertinent to my circumstances - and lots of questions answered - in order to begin to plan my retirement and financial arrangements.

    I'd really appreciate it if people can recommend a good INDEPENDENT financial adviser with experience of dealing with teachers and their retirement planning - preferably in London, or the south-east. If you have had personal advice from them that you've been happy with, all the better.

    I know it's possible to search for registered IFAs on places like unbiased.co.uk, but I am seeking recommendations of this community from people with knowledge of an IFA who is experienced in dealing with teachers.

    You don't need to post other advice - just recommendations/contact details of financial advisers please.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. needabreak

    needabreak Star commenter

  3. FrankWolley

    FrankWolley Star commenter

    Maybe try your Union - they should be able to field questions like this.
    needabreak likes this.
  4. TRAinfo

    TRAinfo New commenter

    I would suggest you Google "Teachers Retirement Planning Specialist" as well. Some financial advisers will only recommend their own products or are tied to a particular investment company.
  5. needabreak

    needabreak Star commenter

    NAS use Weslyan. It's easy to find on the net.
    silkywave likes this.
  6. davidmu

    davidmu Occasional commenter

    I know you stated no advice but you would be silly not to look at the FIDELITY website. It is full of suggestions as to how to consider an investment, what risks are involved and how to proceed. It offers many possibilities and is not reliant on its own funds. It also offers you the opportunity to seek an adviser in London. If nothing else you could become much more aware of what is available should you wish to make your own decisions. Far too many clients have little idea of what is possible and are completely overwhelmed when facing an experienced FA. Do your homework first.
    silkywave and emerald52 like this.
  7. emerald52

    emerald52 Star commenter

    Exactly. The Foreign and Colonial investment trust also give advice and Hargreaves Landsdown are well known in this field.
  8. GLsghost

    GLsghost Star commenter

Share This Page