1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please look at my obs lesson plan?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlelebowski, Nov 23, 2011.

1. littlelebowski

littlelebowski New commenter

Thanks Grace3784, slightly scary but right on the money! I've got the success criteria on the flipchart and was going to run through it and then leave it up there through the lesson. Will revisit at the end. Such a good point about the key questions for the TA. Something I hadn't thought of and I will definitely do this. I tend to do 'bunny ears' for assessment and it is so interesting to see who is unconfident. One of my high achievers is always showing me that she is unconfident even when she has mastered the concept. She is an amazing mathematician but doesn't believe in herself. I've talked to mum and we are trying to boost her confidence. I will have to give number 4 some thought as I think it sounds amazing and something for me to aim for!! Love number 5 and will definitely be doing that too!

Really appeciate this great advice from you busy people...

2. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

Tell me about bunny ears ... I really want to know!

3. littlelebowski

Hee hee! I saw a KS2 teacher doing this and I had to nick it! At the beginning and at the end and at key points in the lesson, I will ask them to show me their bunny ears to express how they are feeling about the work. Hands straight up on top of heads is 'happy,' hands on top of head but with the top half flopping forwards is 'not happy' and one hand forward and one to the back is 'not sure, need help!' I'm massively simplifying here because I need to go to bed(!) but it is so funny to see! I was doing traffic lighting with orange, red and green on work, but have just heard that one of the boys is colour blind and cannot distinguish between these colours!

4. What were you trying to teach?

5. littlelebowski

Sorry, 24601, may be being stupid but I don't know what you're referring to..

6. littlelebowski

My lesson observation has had to be cancelled! It will have to be re-scheduled for sometime in the future. Would have been nice to get it over and done with! Ah well..

7. littlelebowski

I got a 'good,' which I was pleased with, as it was the last day of term. My mentor said that she really enjoyed the lesson but that the last day of term is not ideal for an observation! As she said, it might have been even better than 'good' but the kids were quite hyper... Thanks again for all the help.