1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help

Discussion in 'Personal' started by peaches40, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Confused about my feelings!
    I met a guy last year who really liked me but he wasn't my type at all in looks. Because he was so nice to me I eventually gave in to his pleas and started to date him. His kind spirit won me over. A few months down the line he started to change a little and wasn't as nice as I originally thought. We started to argue and he finished with me saying it was for the best.
    I was upset but decided to get on with my life and put myself on a dating website. A few weeks later an old flame contacted me from 10 years ago who was eager to see me again. He has always been the love of my life so I was really happy to receive contact from him. We met and all the old feelings came back. He said I was one of the great loves of his life, that he often thought about me, that I had been very special to him and said he would like to meet me again to which I agreed. I was therefore very surprised to find that he was straight back on the dating website for hours on end after this meeting. He sent me a text to say that he was thinking of me and I responded with an e-mail. I never heard from him again which confused me after what he had said to me on the date.
    Meanwhile the guy who finished with me started texting again around saying he had made a big mistake finishing with me and wanted to give it another go. I agreed but things haven't been the same since. All I can think about is my old flame and I feel extremely guilty about that. I no longer find my boyfriend that attractive and he has picked up on my change of behaviour.
    I am unsure whether this is due to meeting my old flame or whether my boyfriend was never right for me.
    Really confused so any advice appreciated.

2. Confused about my feelings!
    I met a guy last year who really liked me but he wasn't my type at all in looks. Because he was so nice to me I eventually gave in to his pleas and started to date him. His kind spirit won me over. A few months down the line he started to change a little and wasn't as nice as I originally thought. We started to argue and he finished with me saying it was for the best.
    I was upset but decided to get on with my life and put myself on a dating website. A few weeks later an old flame contacted me from 10 years ago who was eager to see me again. He has always been the love of my life so I was really happy to receive contact from him. We met and all the old feelings came back. He said I was one of the great loves of his life, that he often thought about me, that I had been very special to him and said he would like to meet me again to which I agreed. I was therefore very surprised to find that he was straight back on the dating website for hours on end after this meeting. He sent me a text to say that he was thinking of me and I responded with an e-mail. I never heard from him again which confused me after what he had said to me on the date.
    Meanwhile the guy who finished with me started texting again around saying he had made a big mistake finishing with me and wanted to give it another go. I agreed but things haven't been the same since. All I can think about is my old flame and I feel extremely guilty about that. I no longer find my boyfriend that attractive and he has picked up on my change of behaviour.
    I am unsure whether this is due to meeting my old flame or whether my boyfriend was never right for me.
    Really confused so any advice appreciated.