1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by darren50, May 22, 2011.

1. Hi all,

My name is Darren and I am an ICT Teacher (Newly Qualfied)
    I am currently on day-to-day supply having not secured myself a ICT position. However, when I was on long term reply I did reallt enjoy teaching pupils with Special Educational Needs and this is something I would like to get more involved with.
    The question for me is how? Do I volenteer a day a week whilst doing day-to-day supply?
    Also, what are the chances of me securing an job with SEN Teaching or ideally ICT in an SEN school?
    Thanks,
    Darren

2. Please ignore the spelling mistakes, I was on my way out the door but just wanted to post my questions.
    Darren [​IMG]

3. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Volunteering at a local special school is a good start. Make yourself known. Check out what sort of ICT is used in special and think about the type of pupils with special needs you want to work with (behaviour, physical, learning difficulties, ASD etc) They all have differing ICT needs. Then apply! competition in special can be as fierce as in mainstream though. You need to be aware of the needs of the pupil and how you can meet them and how the national curriculum applies as well as being able to assess ICT at the P levels and how to assess and adapt things for use with switches and the like.