1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Larsy, May 5, 2011.

1. Larsy

Larsy New commenter

My friend has an interview question : A key priority of the Scottish Govt and this school is the promotion of MFL. Show us how, by adopting a creative and innovative approach you will contribute to this.
    She's been doing interviews, applications and jobsearching till its coming out her ears but has a total brain freeze here. Can anyone give her any suggestions or even steer her in the right direction? She's desperate!
    Thanks,
    Larsy

2. Larsy

Larsy New commenter

My friend has an interview question : A key priority of the Scottish Govt and this school is the promotion of MFL. Show us how, by adopting a creative and innovative approach you will contribute to this.
    She's been doing interviews, applications and jobsearching till its coming out her ears but has a total brain freeze here. Can anyone give her any suggestions or even steer her in the right direction? She's desperate!
    Thanks,
    Larsy

3. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Do you mean something like a cross-curricular languages day, when staff have to try and integrate a language or culture into their subject, eg in music study Bach; food tech make a paella etc. Or maybe, set up a lunchtime languages club; organise a trip abroad; bring in a theatre group who perform in a foreign language; involve parents who are native speakers; invite primary schools in for language lessons; have a flamenco session; do a taster lesson of Japanese. I'm sure people will have lots more ideas.