1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help with my QTLS workbook

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Cushi, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Cushi

Cushi New commenter

Hi there.

I am in the process of trying to complete my professional formation and gain my QTLS. Does anyone have experience of completing this and how did you find it? I am completely overwhelmed with it and could definitely do with speaking to someone who has been through the process. I would happily welcome any advice! :)
    Thanks

2. Jon_Gretzky

Jon_Gretzky New commenter

Have a look at this nice forum
    it will probably give you a first idea.
    At least it did it for me, and I am about to register my interest in QTLS early next month.

While we're at it...
    I am a bit lost myself about what exactly they want to see and hear (or read).
    Any chance you can share some information with me (either in private or on that forum)?
    If so, please use jgr-27-AT-web-DOT-de (remove the dashes and replace the 'at' / 'dot' with the usual characters)

Jon

Cushi likes this.
  3. huseinladha

huseinladha New commenter

I applied for QTLS three years ago and this took lots of time checking all the information was uploaded. I had a recommendation from a Head showing my progress and teaching ability. I would be happy to go through what i did, the first starting point is using the checklist that is on the website.
    Good luck

Cushi likes this.
  4. ereynolds8lrp

ereynolds8lrp New commenter

I have registered and paid my deposit for QTLS with SET. I feel a little overwhelmed by it all and would really appreciate any help or advice. I have downloaded all of the necessary guidance notes etc from the SET site, just to have a chat with someone also going through this would help.

Cushi likes this.
  5. ereynolds8lrp

ereynolds8lrp New commenter

Me again, I am sure many colleagues have been through this process. Using REfLECT on the SET website, could anyone tell me roughly how much one is supposed to write in each of the boxes? I have just started doing it but am not sure whether what I am writing is enough or relevant. Any advice, much appreciated! Also what supporting documents/evidence are required?

6. FKH05

FKH05 New commenter

If anyone has any help out there as what I'm doing it would be greatly appreciated. Mine is due in Thursday I've had no help off my supporter and I am tearing my hair out. I've literally just done my teaching bio and it's about 1000 words then I'm seeing people saying 250. -300 each section. I Literally feel like screaming!!! Rant over :) but help greatly appreciated

7. rohitwarikoo

rohitwarikoo New commenter

CUSHI , Need some advice on QTLS

8. rohitwarikoo

rohitwarikoo New commenter

Hi Cushi, just need a bit of advice on QTLS, is it possible you can share your email ? Best Regards

9. Aperture94

Aperture94 New commenter

Realise I'm a bit late for this thread but I've just achieved my QTLS, so if anyone needs a breakdown of what to submit, please feel free to send me a private message!

Memoonax likes this.
  10. laurascott1991

laurascott1991 New commenter

Hi

I am due to submit mine over th next few days but really struggling with critical reflection. Any suggestions or advice for how to go about it?

Thanks

Laura

11. Aperture94

Aperture94 New commenter

I broke mine down and responded to the points they identified. I used it as a personal reflection to discuss how I have met my targets, and also how I plan to move forward!

12. sue_tucker

sue_tucker New commenter

Hi

I need some help and advice with my QTLS, work book
    any support

13. sue_tucker

sue_tucker New commenter

Hi

I am unsure how to private message you Parkyparkinson. I would appreciate any support with the QTLS workbook. Thank you in advance.

14. sue_tucker

sue_tucker New commenter

Hi

I am completing my QTLS workbook, I would appreciate any support or advice with this please. Thank you all in advance.

Sue

15. sue_tucker

sue_tucker New commenter

16. sue_tucker

sue_tucker New commenter

Hi

Did you manage to submit your QTLS? If you have any advice or light on it, I would be truly grateful. Thank you in advance.

17. FKH05

FKH05 New commenter

I ended up not doing mine it was a complete nightmare! My supporter was to busy furthering her career to even bother. I ended up leaving that establishment and am only just back into supply work. I am now in a predicament as I'm applying for jobs but no one wants know due to not having it. Am I right in thinking that unless I'm in work I cant apply for it either?

18. funky_Teacher

funky_Teacher New commenter

Hi Parkyparkinson; I am looking at registering for QTLS formation in September and just saw your message. I just sent you a private message and would be grateful if you could provide me a breakdown what to write/cover and include. Feel so overwhelmed. Thanks.

19. Aperture94

Aperture94 New commenter

I've just replied now :)

20. MR97

MR97 New commenter

I'm just coming to the end of my level 5 diploma, if anyone is still willing to offer me any advice on the QTLS formation process and workbook it will be greatly received!