1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help with my data!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by parachute89, Mar 21, 2019.

1. parachute89

parachute89 New commenter

Hi, I am using Target Tracker for the first time in a new school, and am so confused with how to use it. The “age related expectation” says that for this time of year, children should be working within 40-60m, but in my experience I’ve always thought “age related” for this time of year was secure 40-60. Lots of mine are secure in the 40-60 statements, so will they come up as exceeding?

Or alternatively, is 40-60 secure part of getting the ELG? Then 40-60 secure + would be exceeding?

Thanks, I’m just finding target tracker very different to my previous assessment tool.

2. Chicken_madras

Chicken_madras Occasional commenter

Target tracker sees secure 40-60 as secure ELG and secure + as exceeding. It expects 6 jumps of progress so children who are "average" should be secure + 30-50 on entry. Then 40-60b at Christmas, 40-60b+ Feb half term, 40-60w Easter, 40-60w+ may half term then 40-60s at end of June. This is because all the ELG statements are included in the 40-60 band.

parachute89 likes this.
  3. parachute89

parachute89 New commenter

That’s perfect- thank you so much for clarifying this for me.