1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please Help! Which GCSE syllabus?

Discussion in 'English' started by MissSpell, Jun 27, 2011.

1. I hope you can please help me. I am trying to keep abreast of the different texts and English Language and Literature specificiations for GCSE. I've been on the exam board websites and find it so overwhelming!
    Can someone please tell me what the most popular exam board and spec is? How do schools decide what spec to go with? Are some more difficult than others? Are some specs more varied than others?
    Sorry if this sounds too vague - but I'd appreciate any feedback
    Thank you

2. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

I would guess at AQA, but why not ring them all and ask them for numbers? If you're in a position to choose a spec for your school, they'll fall over themselves trying to sell them to you. If you're a student trying to find out more, I'd wait until you know what you'll be teaching as there are different ways of teaching the units and entering students for exams.

3. That's a great idea! Thanks for that GloriaSunshine [​IMG]

4. GloriaSunshine, can I please have your email address? I have a couple of questions and I'd be very grateful for your advice
    Thanks
    MissSpell

5. I'd be grateful if any other experienced English teacher / HOD could please give me their email address so I can get some advice.
    Many thanks

6. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

Inbox me and I'll reply.

7. You've got mail [​IMG]