1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help! Where's the best place to advertise a class teacher post?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by mhjtr, May 20, 2011.

1. I have a couple of class teacher posts (main scale) for KS1/2 that I need to advertise asap. Please could I conduct a quick straw poll - where do I need to advertise to get a strong field?
    Do people still use the TES for main scale jobs or do almost all applicants now look on the web, e.g. wmjobs.co.uk? What about the local press?
    A friend of mine recently advertised a post in the TES and had 70 applicants. Any experiences much appreciated. Thanks!

2. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Can you post on the LA website? Thats where I look the most.

3. LA website usually free. Our local paper costs £270 to advertise and TES more than £500! People subscribe to LA websites from all over the place and are sent alerts so no point spending money.

4. eteach

5. E-mail to universities aswell. It worked a treat for us.

6. Thanks very much to you all. Very helpful and appreciated. :)

7. Let us know how you get on!

8. Sorry - only just come back to this. We advertised on the LA website and received 62 applications!! Very pleased with appointments made. Thanks again.