1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help! What will happen to my salary

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by missfisher, May 7, 2012.

1. Hello,

I am returning to work after maternity leave in September 2012. I hope to be given a reduced timetable of 0.5 (approx). When I left for maternity leave, I was on M4 (in July 2011), my scale rose to M5 whilst I was on maternity leave. Should it go up to M6 when I return in September? Should I have completed anything for threshold?

Also, if I am on 0.5, does that mean I will rise up the scale, but twice as slowly?

Thank you very much for any advice!

:)

2. Hello,

I am returning to work after maternity leave in September 2012. I hope to be given a reduced timetable of 0.5 (approx). When I left for maternity leave, I was on M4 (in July 2011), my scale rose to M5 whilst I was on maternity leave. Should it go up to M6 when I return in September? Should I have completed anything for threshold?

Also, if I am on 0.5, does that mean I will rise up the scale, but twice as slowly?

Thank you very much for any advice!

:)

3. You will be on M6, you can't be penalised for taking maternity leave. You rise up the scale at the same rate as if you were full time.
    By threshold, do you mean for the year after when you are applying for UPS? Ideally you should collect evidence for the 2 years before you apply but, again, they can't discriminate against you for maternity leave and if they try to your union will sort it very quickly.

4. You will progess up the scale as any full time teacher would, providing you are employed for 26 weeks of any year ( you don't need 26 full time weeks, just to have worked for some time in each of the weeks)