1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help rate this website

Discussion in 'Primary' started by stressedmissmummy, Aug 1, 2012.

1. jwraft

jwraft New commenter

What do you think is wrong with it?

2. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

Seems good to me ... lots of information and easy to navigate.
    Carrie [​IMG]

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

That would be normal...primary schools don't generally have anyone with up to the minute webpage design experience and have a better use of school finds than to pay an expert.
    This is again normal. It depends on the class teacher and their expertise.

If your child is being taught well and making good progress then don't fret about the website. (Which actually looks like a very good website to me. I could, but I won't, easily direct you to much, much worse!)

And if you want a good relationship with your child's school and teachers, you might want to have this thread pulled. What if one of the staff sees this thread?

4. Looks fine to me, like previous posters have said the upkeep of the school website usually falls on a (untrained) teacher doing it in their own time and other teachers contributing their bits for their classes.
    This post will be the talk of the staffroom in September...at least one member of that school will be on here surely.

5. My views as a professional?
    Schools are forced into having a website by external pressures- having to sell themselves in effect.
    Maintaining a website is expensive in terms of both money and time and some schools quite frankly have more important things tospend both on - the education of their children. If you feel you are well imformed about what is going on in your child's school and feel confident about the school's ability to educate and care for your child I wouldn't spend time worrying over their website. Personally I know of schools with 'state of the art' websites where I wouldn't leave my dog to be educated.
    Unfortunately many parents have been seduced by the current fashion for style over substance- try not to be one of them.
    Jane

6. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Perhaps you could volunteer to update and run it, I'm sure the school would be very grateful for your input[​IMG]

7. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Ooooo, it went!

8. I agree with this. Your child's teachers will probably be now guessing the culprit if they have seen this!