1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PLEASE HELP! Prepare for interview and update me on the curriculum

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by anon1008, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Hi, I am an NQT and want to nail my 4th interview in an RC primary school.

I have had 4 days, here and there over 16 months, supply teaching in which i lost all the confidence i gained in my QTS training year-' If you don't use it you loose it'.

The last time i was in a school , 2010, they were talking about a new curriculum being formed, then the new government came in. What happened to the new NC?

How do we plan today, furthermore what are the National Strategies, as i need a good understanding of these to meet the interview requirements? is this the same as the 'The Primary National Stratrgies' but have just changed the name? OMG! How do you all keep up.

Also i was taught the assessment for learning AFL, is this still being used? What is the new assesment techniques, where can i find them and what is the difference between them?

Thank you for your time and i hope to hear from you soon.

2. Hi, I am an NQT and want to nail my 4th interview in an RC primary school.

I have had 4 days, here and there over 16 months, supply teaching in which i lost all the confidence i gained in my QTS training year-' If you don't use it you loose it'.

The last time i was in a school , 2010, they were talking about a new curriculum being formed, then the new government came in. What happened to the new NC?

How do we plan today, furthermore what are the National Strategies, as i need a good understanding of these to meet the interview requirements? is this the same as the 'The Primary National Stratrgies' but have just changed the name? OMG! How do you all keep up.

Also i was taught the assessment for learning AFL, is this still being used? What is the new assesment techniques, where can i find them and what is the difference between them?

Thank you for your time and i hope to hear from you soon.