1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

please help pgce - What is the best handout toggle out for this?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by pgcePCET1617, Nov 12, 2016.

1. pgcePCET1617

pgcePCET1617 New commenter

Hi
    I am teaching my pace peer group about the importance of critical reflection after reading a journal on it and was wondering what would be a good handout to give out to do with critical reflection? I can't give the journal because they already have that

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

HI

Make a handout with some questions for your peer group to discuss.

After reading the journal article, what do they understand the author is stating about the importance of critical reflection? What does the author say critical reflection is?

What are any weaknesses in the article/research/practice of critical reflection?

How can they apply critical reflection to their own practice?

What else does anyone know about critical reflection? Have they used it before?

Any other questions you can think of.

On the handout, provide space for group to be able to write their answers/mindmap.

Find an image of to put on the handout connected to critical reflection.

When you are teaching, put your group into pairs and get them to discuss the questions you have set to get them thinking.

Bring the pairs back and feedback to the group.

Put up their ideas on the board.

At the end, you may wish to direct them to any further reading you have discovered yourself on the importance of critical reflection. You can give them a separate handout for that or put it on the original handout.

pgcePCET1617 likes this.