1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help. Need help with this resource.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by languageisheartosay, Mar 5, 2012.

1. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

I made some bookmarks with pictures I had in My Pics at the w/e. I wanted the writing up the length of the bookmark and the picture at the top normal orientation, 4 per A4. I thought 'easy', started in Word with a table 4 columnsx2 rows. It had a mind of its own and when I inserted the first picture in the first cell in the top row it ruined the columns.
    I found that if I told it the exact width of the column to be used (fixed in one of the format thingies) then this didn't happen. I then clicked on the pic which went over the cell edge and dragged from the corner until it fitted. Did not use the 'dog' step as OP suggested.
    Then I wrote the text in the first cell of the 2nd row and turned it sideways and by searching the Help in Word found I could copy the text to each other box by clicking an icon. Still needed a further click to change the direction as it ran down in the copies instead of up.
    Once the method of getting the pictures to stay where I wanted was sorted, it was relatively easy!
    Don't know if this is clear or any help!

2. sorry for being very dense here but what is "walk the dog?"
    BW

3. I think she means dragging the picture along until it is where you want it to be. That's what I took it to mean anyway. Thankfully I managed to get the resource sorted and the pictures where I wanted them to go.