1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Please help me...

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by ellie22, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am 27 and for the first time in my life I am getting terrible spots all over my face (it is linked to a medical condition I've recently been diagnosed with)
    I don't know what to do, it's not just one or two, there are loads of them and they are huge, bright red and painful.
    Is there anything I can do to reduce them at all? They hurt so much!
    El x

2. Hi,
    I am 27 and for the first time in my life I am getting terrible spots all over my face (it is linked to a medical condition I've recently been diagnosed with)
    I don't know what to do, it's not just one or two, there are loads of them and they are huge, bright red and painful.
    Is there anything I can do to reduce them at all? They hurt so much!
    El x

3. Did the doctor have any suggestions (as they are linked to a medical condition)?
    Avoid touching them as much as you possibly can. What skincare regime are you using?

4. Hi PFF, thank you for your reply.
    Unfortunately medical condition needs treatment that will make spots worse (I haven't started treatment yet, will do in about a month).
    At the moment all I am doing is using simple facial wipes. As I have never had this problem before I really don't know what is best to do as a skincare regime. I was so lucky as a teeneager. I always said it would eventually come back to bite me in the bum (or the chin, it would seem!)
    El

5. Personally I don't like face wipes at all. I never feel properly clean and they are too harsh on the skin. Could you afford to have a facial (e.g. dermalogica) and see what they suggest?

6. Yes, I think that would be a very good idea.
    I have heard that a series of the right facials for your skin can do wonders for problems such as spots.
    Thanks PFF, I hadn't thought of that!
    El

7. My mum paid for a course of facials for me, more for relaxation than anything.
    They were absolutely wonderful and really changed my skin.

8. I would suggest that you don't go near anything like Clearasil or any other spot treatments for a start and they will strip your skint of all its natural oils etc and ditch the wipes-the most important thing is to cleanse your skin properly every day (morning and evening) even if you don't wear any make up. My daughter suffered badly with her skin when she moved 'down south'-probably as a result of a combination of hard water and job stress. The doctor diagnosed Rosacea, and prescribed all sorts but the one thing that really sorted her skin was some wash off cleanser she bought in the states called Cetaphil.
    The good news is that you can now get it in the uk-in shops at Lloyds pharmacy or online from Victoria Health (it's even featured on the home page of the VH website as one of their wonder products). It is really reasonable too-the cleanser and moisture lotion are in 250ml bottles and cost about £9, and they also have a 100ml tube of moisture cream for about the same price which I use as a night cream. (There are also face creams with spf 15 and 50 but I haven't seen these in the UK yet)
    If you buy from Victoria health (I got some last week) they seem to be giving away trial sizes of all 3 (cleanser, moisture lotion and cream) with any Cetaphil purchase. If you try something new,please be patient-your skin might seem to get worse before it gets better as a new cleanser is likely to take some time to lift all the impurities out of the skin
    good luck and feel free to PM me if you want any more help
    JJ