1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

please help me out of my planning rut.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kym131218, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Hello everybody, I trust you are all enjoying your well deserved break.
    Now, I intend on being super organised for September and have made a good stat on this terms planning of 'Space - to infinity and beyond.'
    I have, 2 hours ago, attempted my history plan. However, I have not even written one word in session 1.
    My aim in history is to teach about the first landing on the moon, Apollo 11 and the Space Race and maybe some timeline events. My problem is, is that I am having difficulties structuring it in a way the scaffolds the learning. This topic is usually taught to Year 5 and 6 but I am going to be doing it with a Year 4 class that are generally low ability and I want activities that are generally more practical than writing.
    Has anybody got a really good MTP or any sort of ideas I can look at to help me flow my plan with creative, innovative and engaging ideas?
    Sounds really bad, but I have come to a halt (Maybe it's a calling for bed time?!?)
    I have looked on the Hamilton Trust and I'm not quite inspired by the ideas and activities they have.
    Please, anyone please be my saviour....
    Kym xx
    I have renewed this post. Thanks to everyone who who helped with internet sites. Did anyone have any good activities or lessons for the moon landing?

2. Hello everybody, I trust you are all enjoying your well deserved break.
    Now, I intend on being super organised for September and have made a good stat on this terms planning of 'Space - to infinity and beyond.'
    I have, 2 hours ago, attempted my history plan. However, I have not even written one word in session 1.
    My aim in history is to teach about the first landing on the moon, Apollo 11 and the Space Race and maybe some timeline events. My problem is, is that I am having difficulties structuring it in a way the scaffolds the learning. This topic is usually taught to Year 5 and 6 but I am going to be doing it with a Year 4 class that are generally low ability and I want activities that are generally more practical than writing.
    Has anybody got a really good MTP or any sort of ideas I can look at to help me flow my plan with creative, innovative and engaging ideas?
    Sounds really bad, but I have come to a halt (Maybe it's a calling for bed time?!?)
    I have looked on the Hamilton Trust and I'm not quite inspired by the ideas and activities they have.
    Please, anyone please be my saviour....
    Kym xx
    I have renewed this post. Thanks to everyone who who helped with internet sites. Did anyone have any good activities or lessons for the moon landing?

3. aw27

aw27 New commenter

I have a half term of space related MTP including some practical model making and moon landing activities that would suit Year 4 (it was originally for a very mixed ablity Year 5 so easy to adapt) Its cross curricular so covers a range of subjects but is weighted towards history and space/planets etc.- if you pm me I'll email it to you.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter