1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help me find this leavers song

Discussion in 'Primary' started by callum97, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Hi, for my leavers service there is a specific song that I think I would like my children to sing.

The lyrics are: This is our leaver's song, were proud of what we've done,

I just want some music to sing along too,

If anyone can help it would be brilliant!

2. Hi, for my leavers service there is a specific song that I think I would like my children to sing.

The lyrics are: This is our leaver's song, were proud of what we've done,

I just want some music to sing along too,

If anyone can help it would be brilliant!

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

4. If it's the same one I am thinking of it's one of the "Out of the ark" series but not sure which one - just have a visual recollection that its out of either the green or orange book - sorry not specific but go on their website and you get a sample
    Hope you find it.

5. We thought we had the cd in school but cant find it anywhere. We havent got time to buy it now as the service is next week :( Thought there might have been somewhere I could have downloaded it

6. Joi

Joi New commenter

These old threads may help http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/507133.aspx http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/213414.aspx?PageIndex=1

7. The thread doesnt seem to work :(

8. Joi

Joi New commenter

I use Chrome so can't do links, but it works if you copy and paste, I've checked!

9. I have tried that and it still doesnt work :( Thanks anyway

10. Joi

Joi New commenter

OK, I can't think why not, but now try doing a search on this forum for "leavers song". Both threads then come up. I've just checked!

11. Thanks for your help, however no solutions. Looks like you need the CD

12. This would be fantastic if I could download the song. However, this is not the Leaver's Song :(

13. What a shame! Nothing is easy when you want it to be is it :(

14. Sorrim

Sorrim Occasional commenter

I googled This is our leavers' song and there seemed to be downloads available... Sorrim x

15. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Is this the song you are thinking of? The chorus seems to match the words you have given.
    This is our leavers’ song,
    We’re proud of what you’ve done.
    Many happy times we’ve had
    And many songs we’ve sung.
    This is our leavers’ song,
    We’re proud of what you’ve done.
    Go from here with confidence
    For all the things to come.

Look on pages 43-45 of the pdf. The music is there if you have someone who can play the piano:
    http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/schoolradio/pdfs/all_about_our_school_complete.pdf

16. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

Thank you, guys - you've all given me an ear-worm. I shall be humming it for days.

17. If you ring out of the ark they have a next day delivery for the cd - it's not too late!

18. onmyknees

onmyknees Established commenter

I am sure if you ordered over the phone, it could be sent out to you the same day. I have found "Out of the Ark" company really helpful in the past.