1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Please help me Dear James

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jehaddagiwal, Feb 21, 2011.

  1. Dear James,

    I am a Pakistani national having my master degree in English/Linguistics from a Pakistani
    university, and now my PhD degree in Applied Linguistics is in its final phase
    after getting my scholarship from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
    Besides I have eight years of teaching experience in local private schools and
    colleges in my country.

    Now I want to take admission in Graduate Teaching Program in UK in the category where funding is being paid by local private schools.

    All I need from you is to guide me whether I am eligible or not for
    taking admission in GTP in UK in the category of working and
    studying? Further will any GTP provider be able to secure me a teaching job there as I am a pakistani or not?

    I am optimistic that you will guide me properly.

  2. Hi
    I'm not an expert in UK work permits/laws so you would need to check with the UK border agency about your status. I assume you are here on a student visa. That may not be enough for you to obtain a job. the GTP route into teaching is not a student route where you pay fees but is on the job training where you are employed by the school.
    You may be eligible for a work permit as you would be a recent graduate (once your doctoral studies are complete) from a UK university.
    If you are a qualified teacher in your home country then you may be eligible to gain qualified teacher status here under our overseas trained teachers route (OTT). Again, you would have to check your status with the UK border agency.
    Some websites for you:

Share This Page