1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help me - care plans, integration plans etc etc!

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by annie123, Dec 7, 2011.

1. A young man at my school had a stroke back in October and is hoping to return to school on a part time basis in January.
    He has left sided weakness, tires very easily, difficulty thinking and following trains of thought through.
    I applied for additional emergency funding so it would ber ready for his return in Jan but it has been turned down due to lack of evidence!
    I have been advised to resend it incorporating a 'healthcare plan, an integration plna, details of TA tasks and outline plan of support provided by school'.
    Help! Where do I begin?? I've never even heard of these things!! Thanks

2. A young man at my school had a stroke back in October and is hoping to return to school on a part time basis in January.
    He has left sided weakness, tires very easily, difficulty thinking and following trains of thought through.
    I applied for additional emergency funding so it would ber ready for his return in Jan but it has been turned down due to lack of evidence!
    I have been advised to resend it incorporating a 'healthcare plan, an integration plna, details of TA tasks and outline plan of support provided by school'.
    Help! Where do I begin?? I've never even heard of these things!! Thanks

3. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

Has he had any contact with Hospital Education Services? Many hospitals have schools or there may be a service attached to the school. Alternatively your LA may have someone who deals with pupils who are out of school.
    All the things you have been asked for sound like IEP type things but with targets relating to his health and reintegration. If you PM I can make a few more specific suggestions