1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help - illuminated letters

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ezzie, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

Hi, I'm looking for a website that will have printable illuminated letters - preferbly in black & white so the children can colour them themselves. I've been googling for an hour and can't find anything - does anyone out there know of such a site? Many thanks!

2. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

Hi, I'm looking for a website that will have printable illuminated letters - preferbly in black & white so the children can colour them themselves. I've been googling for an hour and can't find anything - does anyone out there know of such a site? Many thanks!

3. jackiemiddleton

jackiemiddleton New commenter

hELLO, THIS IS JACKIE MIDDLETON AND I LOOKING FOR ANYTHING TO DO WITH ILLUMINATING LETTERING, HAVING LOADS OF PROBLEMS AND COULD DO WITH YOUR HELP. MANY THANKS
    JACKIE

4. What are illuminated letters? That website takes me to a japanese website by the way!

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.33185243.jpg
    http://retrokat.com/medieval/leaa.htm

6. Hi,
    The BBC have a worksheet on their history website under the Anglo-Saxons.
    I'm the Theatre & Performance programme manager at the Victoria & Albert Museum and am currently producing a small educational play and workshop for KS2 history called 'Meet a Medieval Monk', the character talks about being a scribe and working with all of the illuminated manuscripts in the Medieval-Renaissance Galleries and the children have a go at writing with a quill.
    The session is £60 and the children have lots of fun as well as learning about Anglo-Saxon and medieval life and illuminated letter writing skills.
    Email me on g.brownson@vam.ac.uk for any further info.
    Good luck with your lessons!
    Best
    Gill