1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PLEASE HELP - EDEXCEL UNIT 3! PAPERWORK!!!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by huggettl, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,
    Could really do with some guidance on the Unit 3 form D3b (the outline description of performance). All of my groups are doing devised pieces. The form says I should include an outline and breakdown of scene script. What am I exactly required to do for this bit?
    From what I gather, is this a rough synopsis that needs to be completed for each scene?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Hi Guys,
    Could really do with some guidance on the Unit 3 form D3b (the outline description of performance). All of my groups are doing devised pieces. The form says I should include an outline and breakdown of scene script. What am I exactly required to do for this bit?
    From what I gather, is this a rough synopsis that needs to be completed for each scene?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated :)

3. If they are doing a devised work, then, a synopsis of the piece with a bullet pointed breakdown of the Scenes is fine. As you are sending this to the examiner close to the performance, it shouldn't change greatly between you completing the forms and the exam. If you need further advice, use the Ask the Expert feature on the Edexcel website. It will probably be the Principal Examiner who replies.

4. I think a simple script break down is totally fine!
    How can you have a script for devised?? My devising groups don't have a flipping script in the first place - they are devising!!!
    I have examined a school that just did a short paragaraph for each group - was fine for me!

5. Are you sure your examiner told you to send a script for your devised work?
    I'm an examiner for GCSE, and I'm not expecting scripts. What's more, I had my own exam last term, and I wasn't asked for scripts for devised work. It would have been a nightmare! I'm concerned that you may have been given the wrong information, and this would have caused you a huge amount of extra work on top of what we're already expected to do.

6. It was a long time ago. maybe I/she got the wrong end of the stick. To clarify then is it a scene break down e.g. title of each scene? summary of what happens?

7. I am going to get mine to do an outline summary of the whole peice for devising
    I don't intend it to be more than a paragraph - edexcel feel they need to justify the new 'exam paper' demanded by Ofqual and thus the practical must be seen to have a direct link. It's just a tick box exercise.
    As an examiner I look to the forms to give me the background to the performances - I don't mark it so don't worry!

8. Thanks for all the info, much appreciated. This is my first time teaching GCSE drama and it's all very new and confusing to me