1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help! Assessment in Reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Wera6, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Wera6

Wera6 New commenter

As I understand it the minimum requirement is that you assess your Reception children against the FSP so that you can return your results to the LA.
    You may be asked to provide some detail as to what progress the children made from their start point in Reception to their final scores at the end.
    As the FSP is changing anyway you will need to assess differently next year.
    What guidance can you get from others in school as to what the Head's expectation is?
    What have they done in the past? Has it been good enough or is there a requirement to improve on past practice?
    I'm sure other Tessers will be able to advise you in more detail.

2. Hi! Thank you for the advice. The school had used different assessment each year although always concluded with the FSP. As you say, it is all changing soon anyway but I'll have another chat with the LA and our cluster schools.
    Thanks again.