1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please help! Advice for presentation.

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by lavieestbelle, Mar 19, 2011.

1. How about looking at the green paper on SEN that has recently been published. Bang up to date! I wouldn't look at Every Child a Writer as much of this additional funding is going in the next academic year. Good luck!

2. Hi,
    I had a successful secondary history pgce interview where i was asked to prepare in a similar way :'recent educational issue in history'. I went with the Englsih Bacc. whilst especially useful for any subjects in the EBacc also can be expanded into more traditional debates i.e. the usefulness of league tables- are schools going to disadvantage some pupils via having to offer a restriced curriculum to obtain the Ebacc or is it a nesc. move to counter the slip from traditional subjects towards 'softer' subjects.?
    Write a day off and spend it trawling educational wesites; TES, Gaurdian education etc. The 'education' section on the bbc site is pretty useful for getting an idea of how 'current' an issue is.
    hope this helps.
    Good luck!!!

3. oh and the recent white paper may be a good place to start with the new goverments educational trajectory! (pls excuse my spelling).

4. Thank you for your help!