1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

please guide :Training difficulties!

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by shellsb, Mar 7, 2016.

1. shellsb

shellsb New commenter

Hi all !
    I am really very sad and disappointed today. I Really want to get back to teaching work so now I have started looking for the training options but facing problems.
    To give a brief background I have a post graduate business management Non-European degree,have taught overseas for 3 years plus in an independent school as a subject teacher (Business studies and economics. ) here in the UK . Unfortunately, the school has closed down and when I asked my deputy head and a senior staff for reference they declined giving the new address details because of which I am not able to proceed with my application. Although they are okay to be contacted by phone or email.
    Please if someone could guide me through and suggest some alternative. Really want to get trained so that I can have a secure career.
    Many thanks.
    SB.

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Your problem is that you only have an email or phone contact for one of your references?
    I don't understand why that stops you from applying to teacher training.

3. shellsb

shellsb New commenter

Hi Flere,
    Thanks for responding. The thing is that if you don't fill up the references full address the UCAS online application doesn't proceed ..so because of which I am not able to complete it for submission. Are there any other options in terms of getting into training or shall I enrolled for some other courses.
    Many thanks.
    SB

4. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Phone UCAS and explain the situation. They will have the best advice.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Or you could also consider other referees, from teaching overseas, for example.

Best wishes