1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please could you advise on how to do Tutoring..

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by slingshotsally, Sep 19, 2016.

1. QAAWyrd_Tuition

QAAWyrd_Tuition New commenter

2. QAAWyrd_Tuition

Hi, the problem with groups is that it can attract VAT!

3. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

4. lazy dingo

lazy dingo New commenter

5. lazy dingo

lazy dingo New commenter

6. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

7. lazy dingo

lazy dingo New commenter

8. contempcaveman

contempcaveman New commenter

Here's a fun way to advertise yourself as a tutor.

Get your business card, go to the library, and leave them in some books that are related to your tutoring subject.

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Cheers :)

9. QAAWyrd_Tuition

Hi
    Business activity in a UK local city or council library is not allowed by law (they are under council non profit making statutes) and the same applies in community centres where they have a charitable constitutuon
    Qaawyrd

10. frangipani123

frangipani123 Established commenter

Can I just go off at a tangent? Just read your profile where you say you are a certain age and won't receive your state pension until 67. Good news, I'm younger than you and will be receiving it on my 66th birthday. Check it on the gov.co.uk website.

11. QAAWyrd_Tuition

WASPI is the term they arw using for us, where any occupational pension taken from age 50 from any employment is being deducted from any jobseekers leaving women who didnt know about pension changes in dire circumstances. Pensions shd be equalised at 62-3 with an option to continue like the deal the MP women have.

12. frangipani123

frangipani123 Established commenter

I know I'm a member of WASPI and have contributed to their crowdfunding to fund legal action.

Mrsmumbles likes this.