1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please can you help an IT idiot, me

Discussion in 'Personal' started by stonerose, Jun 26, 2015.

1. stonerose

stonerose Occasional commenter

I know it's a long time since I have been posting on TES forums and all manner of exciting new changes have taken place, but why am I able to post on one forum (Workplace Dilemmas) because the reply boxes and start topic boxes are green, but on Opinion where I really want to reply to the 'stressed teachers' topic the boxes are stubbornly grey.

Please make explanations really simple. [​IMG]

Thanks

Stone

2. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

I think you may need to 'join' the forum. Look for the red box at the top, where the title of the forum is. Hope that helps.

3. tidal

tidal New commenter

Yep

It's way to easy to unjoin if you aren't careful (or to miss if you don't know you have to join).

Something else that could be done away with come the revolution

4. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Especially easy to unjoin if you use a tablet device. I think the annoying drop down menus that pop up if if the cursor is hovering around them when the page loads don't help.

5. The possibility of my being able to help with an IT problem is vanishingly small, so why did I open this thread?

6. tidal

tidal New commenter

Because you are naturally a helpful type Bill?

The thing is that you never know
    I remember that, during the post-update confusions, a simple comment from a (now forcibly departed) older poster who admitted to being a technical numpty (with some justification) helped me to solve a baffling technicality.

Sometimes geeks are too geeky to see the simple solutions [​IMG]

7. stonerose

stonerose Occasional commenter

My goodness, was that all? Thanks everyone. I thought I was going to have to bribe the door keeper to get in?

Bill however bad you are you cannot be as useless your truly, and Tidal count me in for the revolution!

8. tidal

tidal New commenter

I shall save you a space on the barricades