1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please can someone test a computer game type resource ive created for English?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by diamond_raindrops, Apr 14, 2011.

1. diamond_raindrops

diamond_raindrops New commenter

It isnt as exciting as it sounds by the way! :) It's a ComputerQuest aimed at English teachers who read Holes with their classes. Or it could be used as a one off lesson to encourage students to read books or use ICT correctly. I have posted on English but it's very quiet.
    I have added it to the resource bank https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Holes-Computer-Game-ComputerQuest-6077745/ I just need to check that the instructions make sense and the downloads work.
    Thank you for your help (if anyone offers!).
    DR

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I've just taken a look. It looks like a fantastic resource of a sort, but there is one slight hitch as far as I can see. As soon as students reach the desert scene, they can click at random, eventually clicking onto the cauldron and getting the password straight off. It seems that once they've done that - quite possibly before even looking at the booklet, then they'll quickly lose their interest.