1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Please can anyone help with the abbreviation CSA on an Application Form also what is Directorate/DSO mean?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Facetious, May 1, 2011.

  1. Facetious

    Facetious New commenter

    Sorry to jump on to your thread, but this one has me puzzled too. It's the only part of my form I've missed out. The only CSA I know is Child Support Agency - perhaps this is relevant if money is to be taken from wages at source - as would an extra employer's details. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?
  2. Facetious

    Facetious New commenter

    Children's Services Authority! Still none the wiser though.
  3. I want to know what this is too, as currently filling out a job app and it asks about it. Do I just leave it blank?
  4. Hi
    Theo has answered this same question which i also added to his site. Just click on the left list, under Careers click job seekers.

    I'm still not too sure about the Directorate though and I never leave anything blank on my app forms therefore i have put LCC in this part. If however you find out any different please let me know.
  5. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    Children's Services Authority is the revised definition of an Local Authorityproviding a range of sevices over and above just education including social and welfare
  6. I have been struggling with the directorate/DSO for a while so decided to phone my local council. They said it should be on the job advert or person specification and that it is the department that the school comes under, such as 'children and young people'. However, the job I'm applying for doesn't have this so I was told to phone the school directly or put 'none given' on the form as they are all different. Hope this helps!
  7. Just phoned the school and they didn't seem to know either! Was told to put the name of the school there.
  8. For Lancashire County Council the Directorate/DSO is Children and Young People.
    I assume it will be similar elsewhere?

Share This Page