1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please can anyone explain the difference between a Masters in Education M.Ed and a MTL Masters in teaching and learning.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon1008, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Please can anyone explain the difference between a Masters in Education M.Ed and a MTL Masters in teaching and learning.

I am an NQT looking for employment and have found that many posts desire a M.ED. I am hoping to get an NQT post soon . I completed a "Foundation Degree in Teaching and Learning Support" Therefore i was wondering if i had any credits towards a MTL. The foundation degree t linked onto a "BA Hons with QTS and SEN in Primary Education" Can anyone tell me if i have any credits that i can count towards any of the masters degrees. I find it all so confusing.

Thank you in advance.

2. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Credits for a Masters will be at M Level; I can imagine most or all of your foundation degree and bachelors degree were either F or H Level credits, so won't be counted towards any kind of Masters. Your university transcript should say what level the credits were for each module. Even if you do have M Level credits, it is at the discretion of the university as to whether they will accept them.
    As far as I know, so people please correct me if I'm wrong, a Masters in Education can be linked to any subject, e.g. you get a MEd if you complete a Masters in Music Education. The MTL is, I believe, a particular course which deals in general teaching and learning areas.