1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please advise! Interviewing to run KS3 English at another school.

Discussion in 'English' started by anon8315, Mar 28, 2011.

1. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Hi Bonzo. Could you please give a little bit more information? Is it questions you think you may be asked at interview, or an actual interview lesson you're looking for?

2. Hi - what questions would you ask someone wanting to run your KS3 English... (For the interview)
    I imagine they'll want to know how I'd track progress, use APP, manage streaming, develop SOW etc... I'm just a bit paranoid there's something very obvious I haven't thought about!
    Thanks so much!
    Bonzo

3. sweetie1

sweetie1 New commenter

I'd say all of the ideas you've mentioned. You may also get asked about supporting NQTs and trainees and also staff training in general, developing extra curricular clubs for KS3, stretching the most able, linking SOWs to the new GCSE specs to prepare students for the transition from KS3 to KS4...it really depends on the ethos of the school and what they expect their students to achieve. Some schools seem to expect a pound of flesh in return for TLR points - others, less so!
    Good luck!

4. Clarerees

Clarerees New commenter

Dealing with behavioural problems?
    What to do in Year 9- the 'gap' in the curriculum?
    Learning outside the classroom?

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I think if it's for KS3 you might need to look at English in as part of Functional Skills too.

6. Thanks so much for these suggestions,

Bonzo