1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Plea for resources!! Ice Palace by Robert Swindells

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Rcart123, Jan 14, 2012.

1. I have noticed several posts (dating years back) regarding the Ice Palace by Robert Swindells however there does not seem to be much in the way of shared resources (especially for year 3!).
    I am due to be teaching this book with my year 3 class within the coming weeks and was wondering if anyone has any resources which they would be willing to share?
    Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks
    Rachel

2. Joi

Joi New commenter

There's a powerpoint in the resources, and on this thread ( http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/228439.aspx?PageIndex=2 ) Carrie says she is happy to share her planning.

3. After reading a lot of pleas for resources on TES I have been wondering why people would teach something if they don't have the book/film/cd or whatever it might be that they need?!

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

5. http://www.clickteaching.com/
    click teaching has some resources and plan on this i think

6. Thank you very much everyone! I have been in touch with Carrie and she is an absolute hero!
    In response to Stephanie
    We had a literacy conslutant reccommend this for myths and legends, our head wants us to be using more quality texts within the classroom rather than using bits and peices of texts here and there- plus it is a good one for the boys apparently!
    I have read the book and have come up with some ideas but it is always useful to hear about how others have used the book and their experiences of teaching it to get the best possible lessons!
    Rachel