1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Playscripts Year 4

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by lixy, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Hi

I am doing playscripts for 2 weeks and I'm trying to get some imaginative ideas. I've looked at example planning from the standards site, but I'd really like to include some drama and creativity. Have any of you successfully tried some fun ideas when teaching playscripts? If so, please advise!!

Thank you for reading.

2. Hi

I am doing playscripts for 2 weeks and I'm trying to get some imaginative ideas. I've looked at example planning from the standards site, but I'd really like to include some drama and creativity. Have any of you successfully tried some fun ideas when teaching playscripts? If so, please advise!!

Thank you for reading.

3. i recently taught playscripts to my y4 class. i think i used some of the ideas from Hamilton Trust. i couldn't get old of any decent playscripts so wrote my own very simple interpretation of the beginning of george's marvellous medicine. if you post your e-mail i'm happy to send you my planning/resources.

4. Thank you, any starting point would be greatly appreciated. My email address is:

archalix@hotmail.com

5. We made a playscript out of the first few scenes of the Demon Headmaster - extracting the speech and details about the scenery, and adding our own stage directions.
    giggle. x

6. post this on the drama board they will help you. they have lots of ideas.

7. Could I possibly have a copy of your resources too? I'm teaching playscripts for the first time and being observed on it so would really like to do something interesting for the class. Thank you :)
    My email is carys_ellen@hotmail.co.uk