1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Play based learning

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by flower16, Jun 20, 2011.

1. What are your views on play based learning and at what extent should this be carried out? Any thoughts?

2. What are your views on play based learning and at what extent should this be carried out? Any thoughts?

3. I think that these are interview questions that you should consider for yourself.

4. I have considered this question as i think that play based learning can actually work only if its targeted right and learning objectives are set for the activites in which children can acheive, not to mention that this type of learning is espically imporatnt in the early years as it can develop their speaking and listening skills. Just wanted your thoughts on this?

5. i think that there is sometimes tension between terms such as 'play based learning' and 'learning objectives/outcomes'- play is not necessarily done (by a child) to produce an outcome...

6. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Then it isn't truely play

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

or indeed learning