1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Play as a central approach to learning

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Lyndsey2010, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Hello all This is my first time on the forum, so I hope I am doing it right.
    I am in my first year of a BA (Hons) Early Primary Education and I am in the process of writing an assignment with the following title:
    "Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using play as a central approach to creating learning opportunities" (reception childre)
    Now I have lots of books, Moyles, Bruce etc. and lots of theory on the advantages of play but I am struggling to find theory relating to disadvantages - can anyone help. Opinions on advantages and disadvantages would also be useful.
    Also I wanted to open my assignment with a quote which is allegedly by Albert Einstein "Play is the highest form of research", I can find this again and again on internet but can't pin it down to a date or where he said it, which would help me in referencing. Again any help would be great.

Cheers x

2. Hello all This is my first time on the forum, so I hope I am doing it right.
    I am in my first year of a BA (Hons) Early Primary Education and I am in the process of writing an assignment with the following title:
    "Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using play as a central approach to creating learning opportunities" (reception childre)
    Now I have lots of books, Moyles, Bruce etc. and lots of theory on the advantages of play but I am struggling to find theory relating to disadvantages - can anyone help. Opinions on advantages and disadvantages would also be useful.
    Also I wanted to open my assignment with a quote which is allegedly by Albert Einstein "Play is the highest form of research", I can find this again and again on internet but can't pin it down to a date or where he said it, which would help me in referencing. Again any help would be great.

Cheers x

3. Welcome, i recommend posting this on the early years forum, you might be better off there!

4. Hello and welcome to the forums.
    You may not get much response in this forum but there are over 100 others to choose from and as suggested, the Early years forum would seem a good choice to re-post this.
    <font size="2">If you get stuck, I can help you or visit our </font>help pages<font size="2"> by clicking "Help" at the bottom of any page.</font>
    Best wishes