1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Plans for next year?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Kennedy84, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Just wondering what people's plans are if they are unsuccessful this year? I'm currently on my 3rd of 4 interviews for secondary music, and although hoping still to get in, I am starting to seriously think about plans B-Z. I currently have a full time (admin) job, but I have started to see what TA jobs might be available from September. I imagine there will be quite a few people who are unsuccessful due to the cuts etc. so people might be interested in sharing ideas and thoughts on possible voluntary work that can fit round a full time job. :)

2. First of all... Good luck on your third interview. Have u been able to get feedback from previous interviews so u can improve? I hope u will at least feel more confident in yourself at the next one as you know the process.

Are you applying for secondary? Could also look for cover supervisor jobs as bit better pay and you'll get the chance to do more teaching. Hope that helps!

3. Sorry I just remembered the tes paper didn't have ta jobs! I gave it to my friend who wants one and she said there was nothing. Can't remember about cover supervisor jobs though. Local papers should though!