1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

planning...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by moggycat, Mar 11, 2012.

1. As art coordinator, I have been asked to come up with some longterm plans for years 3-6 for Art. I just wondered what I could use apart from the NC to get me started....Has anyone got any ideas? Please..... xxx

2. As art coordinator, I have been asked to come up with some longterm plans for years 3-6 for Art. I just wondered what I could use apart from the NC to get me started....Has anyone got any ideas? Please..... xxx

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

What are your topics? Link to these as much as possible. What do the children want to do. I bet they have some great ideas for art projects.

4. I agree... get yr topic plan. Then bear in mind you want children to have experience of a variety of media/styles. So make a list of 2D and 3D forms/materials/techniques that you have resources for (or can afford resources for!). Then cross reference them... If Y6s are doing Greeks... then make "Greek" pottery, Y5 China - some "jade" soap carving, Y3 Victorians - papier mache puppets for Victorian seaside.
    Try to make sure each yr group gets a bit of everything - from watercolour, to charcoal, to printing, to collage, to computer art, to modelling.

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

6. that looks good - thanks

7. yes I reckon it will be alot of work! The problem is I don't know what years 3-5 will be planning to do so I just need some ideas for them that they can incorperate into most art topics :( stressed!

8. The link is great, thank you!