1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

planning!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by alracllessur, Jan 7, 2012.

1. I am just returning to teaching after a career gap; I used to use the national primary strategy along with NNS and NLS for curriculum content and planning; what do I use now and where on earth do I find it?????

2. It depends on your school - have they given you no guidance?
    We still use the primary frameworks for literacy and numeracy - both of which have technically 'disappeared' but can still be found on other websites by googling. Getting your head round the way they're meant to be used will be tricky without someone to go through it with you though. Id suggest planning a week off your own back and do what you think will be useful, then ask to sit down with somebody and have them show you what they expect you to use.

3. whizzbangbang

whizzbangbang New commenter

If you search '300 generic activities' in the TES forum, you will find my file. I am confident that this will help you. Thanks.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I know I might be shut down in flames for this, but the 'old' original 1999 strategy for Maths was pretty good and if you're familiar with it is a good place to start. ( 'If it ain't broke, why fix it?')

After all basic numeracy hasn't changed much, just many of the things done originally in year 6 have moved down to Year 5 or even Y4! And Y5 to 4 or 3 etc.

Have a look at the new changes to the Curriculum michael1979 has a really good link to a summary.