1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning ...

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by TEACHER16, Sep 10, 2011.

1. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I was just wondering what people use to help them plan their lessons. What do you use to inspire your teaching? I was thinking of joining my university library again and use some of the good books which I used as a student to help me. I was just interested to see what others use.

2. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I was just wondering what people use to help them plan their lessons. What do you use to inspire your teaching? I was thinking of joining my university library again and use some of the good books which I used as a student to help me. I was just interested to see what others use.

3. Katie_Morag

Katie_Morag New commenter

Hi
    I'm thinking by the sound of your post that you're a new teacher? Possibly a probationer? Sorry if I've inferred this incorrectly.
    What I do is I look at the learning outcomes to be covered then I plan a lesson around that. I like moving the children around 4 activities (as there are four big groups in my classroom) and then moving them on to either the plenary or a written task associated with the learning outcome.
    Start by thinking "What do I want the children to learn?" and then "how could they do this in a way that makes sense to them?"
    Hope that's maybe of some help.

4. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I am haha...I just really wanted to know how more experienced teachers gathered their ideas up. Thankyou for your reply :)

5. whizzbangbang

whizzbangbang New commenter

Hi

If you search in TES resources for my file called '300 generic activities', I am confident that this will help you greatly. Thanks.