1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

planning year 2 maths using app as objecftives

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mels2, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Hi
    Im teaching year 2 this year for the first time and i know the importance of having evidence to support app grids, im just wondering if its more useful for me to take objectives from the maths app for planning. As then i will be able to see areas of strength and weakness. Does anyone else do this? or is it a crazy idea and should i stick to framwork objectives.
    Thanks in advance

2. Hi
    Im teaching year 2 this year for the first time and i know the importance of having evidence to support app grids, im just wondering if its more useful for me to take objectives from the maths app for planning. As then i will be able to see areas of strength and weakness. Does anyone else do this? or is it a crazy idea and should i stick to framwork objectives.
    Thanks in advance

3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

Stick to the framework ... there is more in there and if you only use APP you may miss important aspects.
    IMO APP is useful for general coverage but not for planning.
    Carrie [​IMG]

4. I agree, our guidance is that app is helpful in highlighting gaps, but not to plan from.

5. We plan from APP and NC. We don't use the frameworks at all.

6. Ramjam

Ramjam New commenter

We use the framework - and check/ extend from APP. It was really important for me this year with a few incredibly bright children.