1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning template

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Ellie2005, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Ellie2005

Ellie2005 New commenter

Looking for planning ideas, templates based on Reggio Emilia approach. I know planning would be flexible because it would be based on children and their interests. How could teachers document their planning?

bekastks likes this.
  2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

No idea, but am hoping others come with ideas and examples that I can read as well. :)

3. Ellie2005

Ellie2005 New commenter

I have asked around so anything I find I will post

4. TeacherMan19

TeacherMan19 New commenter

All my planning and evidence is on the wall. My planning consists of identifying an area of the classroom which is being underused or not used in a certain way which I want to. Maybe I'll put some extra resources in it or teach a specific skill to the children. Then my planning reflects this change and I document it and reflect on it after. It's all based around the children's interests and how I can push them on further in their development. In a previous school we used to do 'missions' and there were 17 different ones every week which all had to be different. Pointless paperwork. Watch the children, identify areas of development and support that.

5. Ellie2005

Ellie2005 New commenter

Thank you this is very useful....anything that elimates pointless paperwork is a plus. I have a bigger classroom and really want to use it as the third teacher. Thinking more about the interactions and children interests. Thanks again for your post!

6. TeacherMan19

TeacherMan19 New commenter

Yeh. Some teachers believe that you have to have records of all this stuff because it's what the teachers before them have told them. But it's about being strategic with the records you keep.