1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning template for literacy using pie corbetts talk for writing?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by e.addinell, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Hi All,

My new school uses talk for writing and I am frantically trying to get my head round this concept.

Does anyone have any tips, book recommendations, advice, planning templates that they would be willing to share please?

I Will be teaching year 5/6 and our themes for each term are 'Lights camera action', 'Going for growth' and 'Time Travellers.'

Having taught for 6 years I know how to plan a unit but it would appear from reading the little bit of material the school has given me each unit Will take significantly longer. How do you manage this?

Also if anyone would be willing to share what their planning format looks like i would be really grateful as i don't know where to start...argh!

Panic setting in now...any help gratefully received!

2. Hi All,

My new school uses talk for writing and I am frantically trying to get my head round this concept.

Does anyone have any tips, book recommendations, advice, planning templates that they would be willing to share please?

I Will be teaching year 5/6 and our themes for each term are 'Lights camera action', 'Going for growth' and 'Time Travellers.'

Having taught for 6 years I know how to plan a unit but it would appear from reading the little bit of material the school has given me each unit Will take significantly longer. How do you manage this?

Also if anyone would be willing to share what their planning format looks like i would be really grateful as i don't know where to start...argh!

Panic setting in now...any help gratefully received!