1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning Preperation

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Louise1989, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Louise1989

Louise1989 New commenter

Hi, I'm going to be an NQT starting at a primary school in September - yay! Just wondering if you could advise me on how many weeks' planning to do in preperation for September.

Thanks!
    x

2. I'm secondary, but I've planned the first 2 weeks in detail with some more vague planning up to Oct half term.

Basically, I feel comfortable with what I'm doing in the first fortnight but until I meet my classes and find out how they work, I don't want to do too much planning and then have to re-do it!

Also, I am aware when all the assessment data needs to be inputted and have planned around those deadlines.

3. Louise1989

Louise1989 New commenter

First two weeks is exactly what I was thinking! Thanks for putting my mind at rest. Suppose I should start getting on with it now :)

4. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I do half-term plans for foundation subjects, using the NC and QCA documents to help. Then all I have to worry about during those six or seven weeks are the core subjects. (I do this every holiday, I find it relaxes me if I know what I'm teaching in foundation subjects for the whole of the half-term and what resources I need.) Then I plan enough Maths/Literacy to last me until my first PPA session.