1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

planning materials

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by mrswell, Feb 6, 2008.

1. I signed up for the planning from another thread but unfortunately nothing came. Does anyone have any planning out there linked to Cfe that staff are using. We have a basic environmental studies cross-curricular one but wondered if anyone was using anything else- in particular linked to language, expressive arts or ICT.

2. I signed up for the planning from another thread but unfortunately nothing came. Does anyone have any planning out there linked to Cfe that staff are using. We have a basic environmental studies cross-curricular one but wondered if anyone was using anything else- in particular linked to language, expressive arts or ICT.

3. Hi there

In Highland (primary) we are trying some CfE planning materials from Orkney Council. Involves topic webs and highlighting re the 4 capacities......if only we didn't have all the other planning, life would be bliss.

Seriously though, the Orkney materials are quite good to use....so far :)

4. The Orkney materials sound quite good. Would you be able to send me a copy. My e-mail is kass99@blueyonder.co.uk
    I would be very greatful.
    Ta

5. That sounds interesting- i am on my schools ACE working party which going to start focussing on planning-

could i possible have a copy of the format you are using?

if my group comes up with anything successful i will post back!

my email is:

jill.p3@zoom.co.uk

6. Hi all

the materials are on the Highland Council website link: http://hvlc.org.uk/ace/curr_arch.htm

also of interest here is the Highland Literacy Project the programme for Literacy being implemented in schools here. There website is a rich source of material for the classroom and has a sare box worth looking in too!

hope this is of interest :)

7. yep I spotted the typos too late....well it is a holiday weekend :)

8. This is brilliant. Thanks for that.

9. Hi there,

Could you email me a copy of the Orkney planning for CfE please. We are struggling with ours.

Thanks

10. I take it from this thread that there are no national planning resources/frameworks to be made available for CfE? and that every LA---and it looks like every school, in my LA---is going to have to come up with their own planning structures? Christ. Yet another colossal waste of human energy, time, and talent, everyone having to reinvent the wheel in every corner of the country. I've seen this in every subject in the curriculum, in my school, and here it is again, for the whole blooming curriculum. The attitude seems to be: just throw it all in the teachers' laps. They'll come up with something.

There is a better way to run an education system, Scotland.