1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning from outstanding school!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by magmac, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I am now retired so out of touch with recent planning. I am trying to help a school in special measures. If you are teaching in a school deemed to be outstanding please would you share your planning with me. I would be very grateful. Thank you!

magmc@btinternet.com

2. Sorry forgot to mention I need planning for a Foundation unit!

Thank you!

3. We were deemed outstanding in our last two Ofsteds.
    I have posted PSRN and Phonics plans on here, but they're just for Reception.
    I do all medium term and weekly plans by hand, so I don't know how much help I've been here, sorry!

4. Thank you! Will take a look!

5. Anyone please?

6. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Hi Magmac.
    In my view, the planning is only as good as the person doing it, or the thinking that creates it. I dont think that because a school is outstanding that therefore their paperwork is automatically 'right'. 10 people could use the same paperwork and yet only 1 is outstanding because of the way they use it, the way they think about it and the way it supports their practice.
    If you have been asked to support this school (do they not have any other support?), could you take a variety of different ways of planning from what members have shared here, (or elsewhere) and look at them together with the staff you are working with? That way they can work through what systems will work best for them, which is often their own adaptation from something they have seen.
    I think it would aslo help for you to know exactly how they came to be in special measures..was it in connection with the FS? What were the issues raised? It would also be good for you to be sure what your role (if you are doing so voluntarily?) is if for example there is an advisor or SIP going in and what they are advising?

7. https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/521142.aspx?PageIndex=4#7067148
    hi not sure if the above link will work but it involves a 'poster' who was rated outstanding.
    i agree with grumbleweed its not justabout the planning as much as the environment, interactions and from my recent inspection - the dreaded data.
    our FS unit was deemed as good (as was rest of primary) but without a separate section now for FS you are judged overall by the lowest ks (in our case satisfactory as a result of below national GCSE grades (we're a through academy)
    good luck

8. Thank you so much for your replies!
    Your advice is greatly appreciated!

9. Hi magmac
    You might find interesting reading here -
    http://www.abcdoes.typepad.com/

10. Thank you very much!!

11. This has some great ideas I love the personalised classroom wow! Looking forward to the paint book :) thank you!

12. Please ?

13. Hi, I work in Foundation Stage in an outstanding school and would be very happy to share planning with you, but there's far too much to post here! so if you would be happy to give me your email address I will send it to you.[​IMG]

14. I will if I can work out how!!!

15. You are a star thank you very much!!

16. Hi
    Could i ask for a copy of your planning - think we are doing ok but just sometimes need reassurance am on the right lines!!
    Thanks
    mclgcasey@btinternet.com