1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

planning format for creative curriculum

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Donjee, May 16, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I work in a special school where for some time we have really embraced the creative curriculum. It works well with our children and it gets good results.
    Recently, we have had a new headteacher join us who has asked us to think about how we plan for our creative curriculum and weather our current format is too time consuming and whether we'd like to plan a skills based curriculum (which I don't know too much about). We are going to share ideas at our next PDM on Tuesday.
    How do you guys do it? Do you have curriculum objectives on a planining sheet which get ticked off as you go? Have you opted for a skills based curriculum - if so, how are you using these on your planning format? How many of the subjects are included in your creative curriculum? How many subjects are covered on a sheet? How long a period of time does each sheet cover.
    At the moment, I'm using an A3 sheet for each subject in the creative curriculum. Down the right side are all the NC objectives which I mark off each time I use them (this helps ensure good coverage) and then there are 6 columns for the 6 terms and about 10 rows for each sessions planning.
    I guess I'd really like to know if you have a really good, time effective system for planning the creative curriculum. If so, I wonder if any of you would be kind enough to share an example of your proforma/format.

Many thanks in advance!

2. Hi i am researching the best way to take my staff forward with a two year rolling programme and am looking at ensuring we have good curriculum coverage...I read your post did you get any joy and recieve andy time effective planning sheets ? if so would you mind sharing them?