1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning for Stay and Play

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by tinabr, May 12, 2008.

1. can I bump this one up as my manager has asked me to look at planning for Stay and Play and I would like to know how other centres organise their planning for these sessions.
    I have looked at the EYFS pack and could adapt the planning from there, but would still like to see what others do
    thanks
    Tina

2. Hello,
    I have now devised a planning format for our stay and play - but want it to be fluid and flexible allowing for the unique child. I've got one for me and the other workers to use and am going to display a different version for the parents.

Post here Tina if you'd like a copy - the email above isn't working now!

We're starting stay and play after half term

Thanks,
    Susan

3. yes please to the planning that would be fantastic!
    We have an open morning this week for parents to come along and meet us and tell us what they want! The week after we move in to our brand new building - very exciting!
    you can email me on tina@brownlow81.wanadoo.co.uk
    thanks again
    Tina

4. Hi Susan
    just bumping this one up - would love a copy of your planning format
    Tina

5. hi would it be possible to have a copy too, not sure how i should be planning it as such. cheers
    clare x

clare_king23@hotmail.com

6. Hello All,
    Sorry for the delay but am packing ready to move house, writing school reports for my other job and entertaining a toddler!! Will send the planning to you by the end of half term - my memory stick is at work at the mo.

Hope that it'll be useful as devised by me and another cct in my network.
    Also very aware that I don't want it to be too rigid as it needs to evolve using ideas from our families, obs made against EYFS and environmental changes.
    We asked our families what they wanted and so have used both their suggestions and included some of what i think will be useful - ie making diff types of playdough (cooked / non-cooked / microwave).

Still not sure how many and what assessments we should be keeping - on a course about this on 19th June.

Have a good holiday everyone. I'll send the plans as soon as I can!

7. Hi hop everything went to plan for you over the holidays - now back to business!!! please can you email stay & play planning to me as i have a feelings this is on the cards for me to organise!
    Thanks
    ken@jonesken261.wanadoo.co.uk

8. Hi Susan

If I'm not too late, please could I have acopy of your Stay and Play planning.

Thanks

Judith

9. Hi,

Jumping on the bandwagon here, can I please have a copy of the planning as well if not too late.

Cheers,

Cass

10. Forgot my email address is cass.ward@hotmail.co.uk

11. Hi Susan,

Please coujld I have a copy of your plans for stay and play. They would be much appreciated. Have to do a couple of stay an Plays. They have planning-it;s ok,but would like to see other planning.

Thanks

Baked Beans. C.C.Teach.