1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning for Online English iGCSE course

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by kaitaz, Aug 2, 2019.

1. kaitaz

kaitaz New commenter

I have been asked by my local Home Ed group if I can set up and run an online/email iGCSE English course as they are struggling. I am not an English teacher but with the right support I can turn my hand to pretty much anything.

How do I structure the course eg short, medium and long term planning
    What skills do the pupils need to learn?
    What resources should I purchase/create?

Once I'm confident I have a workable plan the next issue will be how do I practically go about online/email teaching but I'll save that for another post

Thanking everyone in advance

2. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

When you say you're not an English teacher... What do you teach?

3. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

Since you don't really seem to know what is required and, from your post on another thread, are worried about being sued if they don't pass, I wonder if this is really a wise thing to take on.

There are several existing online courses. They aren't cheap, but presumably paying someone to develop a new course would be at least as costly, unless you are going to work for very low pay.

4. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

Pretty much my thoughts . You say with the right support. If they're asking you to set it up then I can't see there being any.